[Magdalen] M/C - verger - "praise and worship leader"

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Jan 13 14:51:57 UTC 2018

I answer to almost any honorific, including “pastor,” though I don’t like
any of them much. When I was growing up (Episcopalian), our MINISTER was
called MR. Mabley (by my parents, also cradle Episcopalians); don’t know
what others called him. In Tennessee, no parishioners called me “Pastor,”
but when I returned to Buffalo, I almost immediately became “Pastor Ann” to
many. I always make my personal preference clear (Ann, which is what God
calls me), but most people really want to use an honorific of some kind.

Yale Divinity School, founded over 300 years ago as a Congregational
school, is now multidenominational, though (mostly) Christian, with a
handful of Jews, Buddhists, and Unitarians. That’s a large part of why I
chose it.

Incidentally, Scott, thank you for the tip on deleting text blocks; if I
hold down, a menu comes up, and if I tap “select,” it lets me glide the
marker, as you said. If I try to glide it without tapping “select,” it just
goes away.

6” of new snow overnight (temps went from 55 to 11 F in less than 12
hours). Now I have an excuse to burrow in and stay home. Clergy Day was
canceled — yay!

--
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle