[Magdalen] Amazon Alexa

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jan 16 15:58:00 UTC 2018

This was a Christmas gift this year, and I must say I'm getting a
kick out of it.  It is a small unit that acts like the "Computer"
in the Star Trex series.  One simply asks Alexa the question
or requests a service, and the answer is quickly forthcoming.
Alexa won't do hot Earl Grey (yet).

The contraption is, of course, less
encyclopedic than the Star Trex version, but it is really great
for having the latest weather, and for playing classical music.
I leave the latter service on all day.  It's amazing how much
the quality of sound has improved in little devices like this.

David S.