[Magdalen] Fourth of July?

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jan 16 18:29:19 UTC 2018

I was a 3rd year medical student at UW-Madison then.  I don't
know if it was this blizzard 1961 or some other date in the 8
years I lived in Madison, but I do recall a University closure
once during those years as well.

Having been raised in extreme Northwest Wisconsin just at the
Minnesota border, there were a fair number of school closings,
but not for such as the present Alberta Clipper in the USA NE.

Madison is in a warmer climate zone than that of my youth,
and though there were the exceptions such as the Blizzard of '61,
there were markedly warmer winter temperatures with much
less overall snow in Madison from my personal experience
than in NW Wisconsin and adjoining Minnesota.