[Magdalen] snow daze

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 17 00:07:50 UTC 2018

On 16/01/2018 23:17, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> ... and we had one in '77 in Syracuse when I was pregnant with my
> oldest. The city went into near panic mode and nearly the whole city
> let people leave around 3 pm to go home with the thought that it would
> only get worse. Instead it created traffic jams and accidents and 2-4
> hour delays in actually arriving home, and by then the worst of the
> storm was over suddenly.

Afternoon alarms are the worst. We have experienced that over here.
People look out of the window and decide to leave work early thus
filling the roads just as the clearing teams are coming out to do their
job. The result is that the clearing teams can't clear the roads and the
whole system gets clogged up.

Roger