[Magdalen] Post-surgery update, chapter 2

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:03:36 UTC 2018

((((Jay))))
Lynn

On Jan 18, 2018, at 10:58 AM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:

So I saw the surgeon yesterday for a post-op check, 2 weeks after getting
the splint/cast off. I have been doing okay insofar as movement in the
wrist and fingers, but pain continues to be a problem. Not normal kid of
achy, yucky pin, but pain similar to a horrible burn that wakes me up at
night and gets worse all day. She explained that the cyst/tumor had wrapped
itself completely around my ulnar nerve for about 2,5 inches (5.5. cm) from
my wrist clear up into my hand, and she had to move the nerve around a good
bit to get it all so it wouldn't come back. That irritated the nerve and as
she said, "It's still pi**ed off." We had a good laugh over that and then
she made some recommendations, including medication adjustments and a hand
therapist. Also, I am not allowed to drive any long distances until this is
under control, because hanging onto the steering wheel will irritate the
nerve further. So the visit to my daughter and the RAM clinic in Tennessee
at the end of this month are out, which really made me cry after the visit.
Daughter was wonderful about it, as was #1 grandson's mom, who I still
think of as my daughter-in-law. I really had to miss the RAM clinic,
though. That was one I especially want to do.