[Magdalen] Drought.

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:21:14 UTC 2018

Affecting us very badly David... and last years fires that almost burned down our kids school were fueled by dry vegetation.

And it’s continued dry ever since. E Cape dams now below 30%...And Cape Town looks like becoming the world’s first sizeable city to run completely out of water, the so called Day Zero which will happen sometime in April. It’s a Winter rainfall area there...here in Port Elizabeth it can rain or not rain any time of the year!

My son Donal Rhys is starting Uni in Cape Town in two weeks time. Government seems paralyzed and everyone is blaming everyone else.

The only thing we agree on is that this means permanent change. Not a lot of “climate change deniers” round here.

Please do pray for rain nonetheless!

On the bright side we had a downpour in our catchment area over the past couple of days. Not much where we are but we aren’t where it’s most needed. We try to catch what we can off the roof.

In CT the allowance is down to 50l per person per day, but too many aren’t respecting it.

If water must be carried how will people cope, the elderly, disabled, parents with young kids!? It is horrifying.

Sally D

Sent from my iPhone