[Magdalen] Travel advice: Chicago - NYC - Vermont

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 22:16:50 UTC 2018

Thinking ahead to our April convocation of our Benedictine community in the
Abbey's new home in Vermont. It's the Bromley View Inn in Bondville.

Nearest airport is Albany, but flying there from Chicago costs twice as
much as flying to NYC or Boston. Boston's cheapest. Three-hour drive from
there.

NYC is almost as cheap. If we fly there, would Newark or LaGuardia be the
better choice? I have no experience of Newark airport.

We're thinking LaGuardia for good access to the interstate going north
toward Vermont (four-hour drive), but I thought I'd ask.

We'd probably pick Boston, but a UK friend wants to fly to NYC and visit
Holy Cross Monastery and we could pick him up, I guess. Maybe Newark would
be better for that. Don't know.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA