[Magdalen] R.I.P. Carol Hall

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:57:33 UTC 2018

Without being too emotional, or over the top, I can say that one of the
sweetest memories I have of my thirty some years in psychiatric inpatient
care was the nurses I was privileged to work with. It's been years, and
I've forgotten most of the names of staff, but I remember Jo and Janet and
Elsie and Penny and Dot and Linda and Ron and Abe like it was yesterday,
just to name a few. I learned so much from these people!

Lenten Madness last year chose Florence Nightingale for the winner of the
golden halo, which probably made some of us more aware of her work. I was
lucky that in my parish, a nurse midwife loaned me a copy of the biography
of Ms Nightingale. Such a remarkable woman on so many dimensions, who gave
a tangible shape to the way the nursing profession would develop.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford