[Magdalen] Cooking advice - steamed pudding

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Fri Jan 26 15:39:41 UTC 2018

Suet for pudding isn’t rendered; it’s finely shredded or grated.  I used to prep 20-odd pounds of beef kidney fat (it comes as a capsule around the kidneys) for the ACW plum pudding fundraiser.  The stuff is utterly revolting until chilled solid.  Then you tease the fat out of its membranes, free it from tiny blood vessels, and break it up into crumbs.  Rather peaceful work, if greasy.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain