[Magdalen] Train accident

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 21:30:28 UTC 2018

Too common. We have too many train/vehicle and train/pedestrian fatal
accidents in the Chicago area. One reason is that it's such a railway hub
or crossroads, and we have not only intercity freight and passenger lines
converging here but also a commuter rail system (Metra) and a metro rapid
transit service (the 'L'), all of which cross roads at various points where
there's vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Another reason is impatience on
the part of drivers and pedestrians who think they can beat the train or
who are distracted by their phone and not paying attention. And then there
are those who despair of life and decide a train will make quick work of
their desired end. All of it adds up to frequent headlines; every few days
(or so it seems), there's a headline about a train hitting someone or
something.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA