[Magdalen] Beautiful morning at church

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 14:26:38 UTC 2018

 I pulled out my Robert Shaw recording with these plus the Mass in C and

the four Christmas Motets.  Honestly, if Bach is the 5th Evangelist,
Poulenc is the 6th.

There is a pulsating rhythm in most of his works, and Robert Shaw
understands this very well.  Some of the other conductors of Poulenc's
works do not get it, sadly.

David S.