[Magdalen] Obama lecture

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:30:25 UTC 2018

Definitely did not disappoint...as one commentator said, that was
"Professor Obama". Took us on an insightful, moving and ultimately
inspiring journey through the past 100 years, showing how "universal
values" hold their own and ultimately that young people will "raise the
banners" of freedom.

In some senses, "this too will pass" but also grounding that hope in a firm
objective reading of history. South Africa really needs to hear this
message now..a really wonderful tribute to Madiba and contribution to his
legacy.

Obama's Foundation is already getting to work with young people here - I
didn't know that and it's really encouraging!

Sally D