[Magdalen] Prayer Request

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 19 16:25:17 UTC 2018

>>>Anyway, the police, with very bad grace and seeming quite disappointed,
charged her with failure to stop for an officer because she drove to a
lighted area. Well, what reasonable woman doesn't?  She's called her lawyer
and will fight that every inch of the way.
/end of rant<<<

Not quite the same, obviously, but our Tangerine Wankmaster (British protest sign; can't make this [stuff] up), who will hopefully be stopped by cooler heads, thinks it's a good idea to turn over former Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul to Putin for "questioning" (who doubts it would involve more than just "questioning"?).  Feeling safe in this country?  Hell, even our ambassadors can't, it seems.

As for "what reasonable woman doesn't" drive to a lighted area, there's just so many layers of Wrong with how she was treated.  I don't recount it often (because I don't like to remember it), but in 2006 when I got nailed on a DUI, maybe it was because I was male, maybe it was because my driver's license had a picture of a priest on it, ... I don't know, but when the officers (Highway Patrol, even though in city limits, because South Main Street in Salinas is coincident with Highway 68 until it ends at Highway 101 on John Street) asked me (asked me, make note) if I thought it would be okay to just leave my car where it was considering I'd be a free man in just six hours anyway, I said (and this really happened) "Officers, I literally live right there" -- pointing across the street to my apartment complex.  Inwardly deciding they still needed to teach me an object lesson (which took, by the way), one of the two officers put cuffed Fr Mike into the stereotypical backseat, and the other, very kindly, drove my car to my carport and then re-joined us for the trip the county jail.  This was 1:00 am, by the way.  At 6:30 am, never did foggy Salinas seem more worth a long walk home than then.  Narrowly avoided getting roughed up in Salinas's old "Chinatown" (partly visible in the 1980's flop of a TV movie version of "East of Eden"), but once around a certain corner, boy did I learn how fast I could still run.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.