[Magdalen] Marion (was Re: Update - ws Re: Please, please pray.)

marionthompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:59:12 UTC 2018

I got here July 17 and I'm at Bisley other than a few days in Dymock, Gloucs at the end.  I fly back Aug 2.  It has  taken until now to feel human and not exhausted!  The purpose was to be here to scatter Jim's ashes on Stickledown, which was done with a field gun as well as more conventional scattering by David Cooper+, the officiant.  He was a Padre in the Faulkands.
Despite missing the turn - twice, aaagh!  - for Guildford Cathedral on Sunday I did get there in time for the Consecration.. Stayed for Matins after. Yesterday I made it for 8 am Matins and Said Eucharist after.  The Lady Chapel is a lovely space.  A good place to be.  I'm  happy to have nothing to do, hence the slack week just finished! Emotional exhaustion! I have certainly needed a break.  I'm due to get to Crowborough on Thursday to visit Jim's wonderful stepmother, now about 94, who has been a dear friend over the years.
Meant to go into Guildford today but emails have delayed that plan!
Keep well.  It is so so hot here.
Marion, a pilgrim

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.