[Magdalen] Kansas City

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 05:15:08 UTC 2018

<<<<Everything's up to date in Kansas City.  They've gone about
as far as they can go. They went and built a skyscraper seven stories
high....about as high as a building ought to go.....>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oscar Hammerstein in "Oklahoma."

A friend, who is a cofounder of the United Methodist GLBT "Affirmation,"
stopped by from his home in Central Pennsylvania on his way to the
airport to catch a flight to Kansas City, MO where the observance of
the 30th (?) anniversary is underway.

He indicated that there is such a fractious mood in the UMC USA because
of the mostly southern Evangelical wing, that he thinks there will actually
be a split sometime soon.

Certainly the Methodists I know have a very different outlook than
that of, say, our worthy USA Attorney Genera,l who is a southern
Methodist and very anti gay/lesbian.

David S.