[Magdalen] Prayer Book Query

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 11:44:57 UTC 2018

As for liturgical colors and other traditions with which the BCP doesn't
concern itself, I think the authority is with the bishop: if you're wearing
green vestments for Christmas, and the bishop objects, the bishop can tell
you to get with tradition and wear white (or gold, if you have it). Or the
bishop can permit your parish to follow Sarum customs (yellow vestments,
anyone?), theoretically, I'd guess. Maybe for a one-time occasion. But
maybe this is one of those things you can do without asking the bishop and
there's no problem unless the bishop receives a complaint and is interested
in dealing with it.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA