[Magdalen] Welsh Pie

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 21:14:27 UTC 2018

The Germans are not pie eaters.  Their cakes are dry and very bland without added sugar, (at
least to an American0.  Their cakes looked wonderful but were short on taste.

My mother made a series of pie flavors that were the best I've ever had.  She always
used lard for her glorious flaky crusts.  She routinely made up ready for baking
a hundred apple pies using our own apples.  Her rhubarb, blue berry, cherry, lemon
and chocolate pies were memorable.  Likewise her banana cream pie was heavenly.

David S. whose mother would be 116 now.