[Magdalen] praising the Liberal Arts

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Fri Jun 1 21:32:07 UTC 2018

I see. Agreed, though the literature you cite is from the Middle East, not
primarily Europe per se (and my assumption is they’re referring to northern
and western Europe, which may be incorrect). The curious/surprising thing
to me was the 17:1 woman/man ratio, and how that was deduced by reading the
human genome. It makes it surprising that polygamy developed (though again,
not in northern and western Europe — in fact, maybe that’s why it DIDN’T
develop there!): polyandry would make a lot more sense!

--
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY