[Magdalen] Readings?

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:59:50 UTC 2018

In this particular case, I think it’s laziness as much as anything, and a desire to keep the service short. This person is retired, had no intention of doing any more interim work, but was begged out by our deployment person.
And I confess that my nose is a bit out of joint, because I supplied there for six months, having had a years-long with the parish and having supplied for a whole year before their last rector, and doing much more as a supply priest than this person is doing now. But I’m not a “real,” i.e, trained, interim, so now they have one. The thing is, his contract is up in September, and he’s made it clear he won’t stay past that. I suspect they’re going to need me for supply again, because It’s highly unlikely that they will have a new vicar by then.
Got a little off-topic there—sorry. I’ll be there the next three Sundays, two supplying for the priest and one for the organist. Then I’ll be supplying elsewhere through September, so I’ll be out of that loop completely.
(And today, I confess, I’m playing hooky, because it’s my last free Sunday until October!)