[Magdalen] Readings?

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:22:46 UTC 2018

Well, this morning I attended my former parish, The Church of the Good
Shepherd, in Rosemont, Pennsylvania. They used only the Epistle and Gospel.
The canon of the mass was mostly silent (at least as far as the smallish
congregation was concerned) which I really dislike. BUT they were
celebrating the Solemnity of Corpus Christi with a procession of the
blessed sacrament at the end of mass followed by benediction. They also had
a choral missa brevis by Zoltán Kodály, so it was worth putting up with the
arcane liturgical elements. It is not my regular place of worship however.

--

Christopher Hart