[Magdalen] The midi files...

Sheila Ketler debbiedimond52 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:35:25 UTC 2018

Greetings everyone
When I began at St. Denis I asked if anyone had any helpful hints re :
working in a Catholic parish and someone advised to download the midi files
which included hymns and music from CBW III.I did that but am now finding
that some of the Psalms are included in the files but some of them are not.
Why wouldn't they do all of them? So because we had Pentecost and then
Trinity today was by the Pope's decree Corpus Christi . He has said it will
always be on the Sunday following Trinity which of course was today. I am
off next week for a family wedding but that week would be
9th Sunday in Ordinary Time and the next Sunday is the 10th Sunday in
Ordinary time. We seem to have gone from 3 to 9 because of the 3 special
Sundays. I am frustrated that some of the Psalms seem to be missing and I
learn better by hearing them as the tempo is what I need to get right I can
read the notes!! Even as a child my problems were with the tempo and I have
to really concentrate to get the tempo right and of course I work with a
cantor and she is a stickler for everything being exactly right tempo wise
and she corrects me which is annoying and something I have to put up with.
Finally I said to her "listen I will try to get it as exact as I can but
sing loud so you drown me out if it isn't right... This was after she
corrected me... and me being frustrated." Don't know how long I will put up
with this parish...

Sheila