[Magdalen] Readings?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 21:34:28 UTC 2018

Last Corpus Christi I visited the RC Church in Harrisonburg, just because.
The priest there, or at least he's the head honcho, is from Kenya, and he
likes all the bells and whistles. So, all the readings. Also. a procession
around the block which I found surprisingly moving, Also some of the fine
old hymns, done in Latin by a small but well-trained choir,,,"Tantum Ergo"
and "O Salutaris Hostia". It's a pretty cool church, and seems to be very
alive. If I were going to be RC I would not have a problem going there, I
think. I couldn't help musing, however, what would happen if the bishop
dropped an African priest in the Catholic church in my former home town in
East Tennessee........