[Magdalen] A Monterey County long-shot, but he already has my vote.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 4 21:31:57 UTC 2018

[Sent yesterday but never appeared.  If it made it to at least some (all, but not me?) and this is a repeat, please forgive.  Hence, my "Test"iness earlier.]

Vote-by-mail, so it's already in the hopper.

I call it a long shot because even though we're a True Blue county along Congressional lines (our House Rep is Leon's boy, and our State Legislator has been Dem for quite some time, if not a long time), our County Supervisors and Salinas's mayorship often fluctuate (we're currently in the second term of our GOP mayor).  And, it seems, we as a County have NEVER had a Dem Sheriff.  Sad, considering how the County is majority Latin-american and Salinas is 75% Latin-american (last I checked).

One fellow running for Monterey County Sheriff is a current deputy sheriff, name of Scott Davis.  Here's his website:

http://scottdavisforsheriff.com

Do note the final sentence in the blurb at the bottom.  If elected, he'd be a "first" in three separate categories.

As so often happens, there's apparently been some trouble with his campaign, though recently the state also apparently cleared him of any wrongdoing.

One of his big selling points is that the current, GOP, sheriff has actually given ICE office space in the Sheriff's Office.  And that in a County that is unofficially (unfortunately) a "sanctuary county".  Trump's reach is big(ly).

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.