[Magdalen] Big words, but what action?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 15:31:19 UTC 2018

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2018/06/18/catholic-bishops-across-us-condemn-separation-migrant-children

I appreciate the thoughts, but isn't it time they took some action? There
are high-ranking officials in the current administration who are Catholic
and who are lying about all this. Perhaps it is time their bishops took
some firm steps with them, such as excommunication, I know one bishop has
suggested canonical steps, but unfortunately he is not THEIR bishop.

Likewise, the United Methodist Church, of which one Jefferson Beauregard
Sessions is a member,  condemned his actions in the separation of migrant
families, Perhaps they ought to suspend his membership until or unless he
chooses to amend his ways?