[Magdalen] East coast storms

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 04:05:07 UTC 2018

We probably got off easier than most. While we had strong winds with some
wild gusts, we didn’t have anything like what central Virginia got. Once
again, being between the two mountain ranges likely protected us. We have a
couple of large trees in rather precarious positions aimed in the direction
of our house, but they stayed put. However, I was sitting at my computer
when I heard a loud thump on the roof which caused me to make some sort of
involuntary noise that brought S/O downstairs and sent him outside to make
sure all the trees were upright. Turned out that a very thick branch had
broken off and hit the corner of the roof but done no damage. The yard is
littered with smaller branches but that’s not unusual.