[Magdalen] Parkinson's,

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:13:43 UTC 2018

My mentor and organ teacher is in about his 3rd or fourth year since
Parkinson’s was suspected in his mid-eighties. Although his tremor in the
hands causes significant difficulties in eating, put him at a keyboard and
he can still perform to the world-class standard that he has always shown,
even if he doesn’t have the stamina of old. He played for the funeral of
our Rector’s mother last week. He keeps track of his cognitive status by
timing himself on the daily crossword in the newspaper, and is not
deteriorating in that area any, yet. These days, depression is his biggest
bugbear.

Regards
Lesley de Voil

--