[Magdalen] My favorite name...recently

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:26:01 UTC 2018

This from the crazy amount of women's basketball games I've been watching
this past weekend:

Nebraska has a player named Nicea Eliely. (Last name is pronounced
e-LIE-ly, in case you wondered) But Nicea? Wow.

Also Florida State has one named Nausia Woolfolk. It's pronounced
NAU-see-a. apparently, but occasionally an announcer will bet it wrong and
call her "nausea". I would have considered that when naming her, but oh
well. Not my kid.

There are still an unholy number of Brianna/Breannas floating around, as
well as a number of young ladies named some variant of Taylor.