[Magdalen] RIP Steven Hawking

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:18:18 UTC 2018

There is supposedly another kind of ALS, a "long-acting" kind, which
doesn't cause respiratory difficulties until the very end. My Israeli
friend's mother was diagnosed with it in her early 40s and lived for 27
years.

Someone on Twitter observed last night, "Steven Hawking died on Pi Day. I
wonder if he planned that."