[Magdalen] Caca-poopoo-stocracy; was Famous Last Words.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 15 20:55:52 UTC 2018

>>>What's giving me hope are the election in Pennsylvania and the voices of
the youth nationwide.<<<

And even though I don't often mention, and to date maybe never have mentioned, but PA and the youth and all the other flipped or not-supposed-to-have-nearly-flipped congressional seats, state seats, and gov'ships, etc, can, -- mind you, can -- ultimately amount to in macro what we did here in CA in the mid-90s in micro, ie, make a Blue Change if not permanently (in the macro hardly possible in a truly historic sense) then significantly over time to the point of amounting to a nation coming to its knees and "coming to Jesus" like, possibly, has never been seen before.  Specfically, I'm referring to the Gov Pete Wilson Prop 187 Debacle.

Wikipedia:  It "was a 1994 ballot initiative to establish a state-run citizenship screening system and prohibit illegal aliens from using non-emergency health care, public education, and other services in the State of California.  Voters passed the proposed law at a referendum in November 1994. The law was challenged in a legal suit and found unconstitutional by a federal district court.  In 1999, Governor Gray Davis halted state appeals of this ruling....  Passage of Proposition 187 reflected state residents' concerns about illegal immigration into the United States. Opponents believed the law was discriminatory against illegal immigrants of Hispanic or Asian origin; supporters maintained that their concerns were economic: that the state could not afford to provide social services for so many people who had entered the country illegally or overstayed their visas.  Republicans' embrace of Proposition 187 has been cited as a key factor for the decline of the Republican Party in California."

Though permanency is never guaranteed, what with what CA's demographics have always been and obviously are more so today and will continue being in larger and larger degree on into the future (I became a "minority" aeons ago!), there just simply ain't much chance of us heading back in the Red direction anytime, any generation, soon.

So, to your point Scott, what with what's going on (The Wave), and what with who the electorate already is and will be (The Young, The Non-white, The "We're America, Right?", The Etc), there's hope, "strongly!", and how!

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.