[Magdalen] Marion's Re: Cruel... boggles the mind

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 17 21:01:05 UTC 2018

>>>One thing I have noticed is that when I get a post from Maddies or other
lists that use Mailman (I don't know if Maddies does) then there are two
reply buttons. The first one replies to the original sender alone while
the second says "reply list". That's a development a few months ago and
I don't know whether it's due to the list software, WSindows 10 or a
combination of the two.<<<

Mail function is more or less dependent solely on what you use.  I use Earthlink Webmail, and like most platforms, it's always been the simple "reply" or "reply all".

Special functions can be set up, though.  The Dixieland Jazz Mailing List, if you hit "reply", it goes only to the individual sender that posted what you're replying to.  "Reply all" gets both that person AND the list.  I just do "reply" and change the "to" address to the list address.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.