[Magdalen] Facebook thinks I’m “extremely liberal”

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:48:57 UTC 2018

Also, everybody please be careful about those cute little tests & contests
like
Which Hollywood Star are you ???

While you’re blithely clicking answers, you’re giving away lots of usable
info about yourself, leaving you open to more targeted advertising.

At the very least, lie once in awhile.

Long ago a frugal friend was complaining that CVS wouldn’t give her a
discount without her loyalty card. I had to explain her: “you’re selling
them your information for a nickel here and a dime there. I never use them.
If I want to buy double-ribbed dayglow condoms it’s nobody’s business but
mine.”
I still remember her expression when I said that :-)
And she never forgot it. I heard her quote me a decade later.

https://www.labnol.org/tech/internet-dog-cartoon/17469/
-M