[Magdalen] Palm Sunday Blues

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 18:05:48 UTC 2018

An art history professor that I know says that "you can get away with anything in
stained glass."

It was amusing during the pre-liturgy wars era in TEC when the Diocese of Minnesota
was ultra low church, to realize that the only mitred bishop anywhere in that
Diocese was in a panel of the great high altar "Ascension" window.  It was tucked
away where no one really noticed it.

Another "I remember Palm Sunday" was the infamous Palm Sunday when the
then unpopular Rector of the Procathedral got lost in the liturgy of the Blessing
of the palms.  He went into a loop and couldn't get out of it.  He began sweating
blood and tears when the plucky assistant priest quickly and quietly stuck her
finger in the Rector's prayer book whispering, "You're here!" to save the day.

I must confess that those of us who disliked that Rector so much were
overall amused by this episode.  God forgive us.

David S.