[Magdalen] Solemn Palm Sunday?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:32:23 UTC 2018

I look forward to shouting “Crucify him! Crucify him!”
It’s deeply cathartic, guaranteed to jump-start the period of
self-reflection that is the Holy Week journey for me.

We are also blessed with a great cloud of wonderful readers.
And the rector has the good sense to unleash them.
He takes no part whatsoever, just responds with the crowd.

The procession stayed indoors. It was a cold and dismal morning.
Took two All Glory Laud and Honors to get it done.
Eight verses IIRC.

After handing out palms, the children withdrew to the Sunday School,
where (I’m told) they spent the rest of the service (up to communion)
making Stations for what is probably Our Saviour’s first ever.
-M