[Magdalen] Solemn Palm Sunday?

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 14:05:06 UTC 2018

Another Palm Sunday memory:

My whole family was seated in the truncated uncompleted Washington
Cathedral nave for Palm Sunday (? '71).  My kids were apparently amazed at
the crowd and the incense  (the procession appeared to be using a Byzantine
thurible with bells)  and were not singing "All Glory Laud and Honor."
The then Dean Francis Sayre murmured "For heaven's sake, SING!" as the
Procession passed by.  Sayre was thereafter known to them as "that singing
priest."