[Magdalen] Solemn Palm Sunday?

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 14:13:17 UTC 2018

The Latin Riters for whom I sang for about 25 years can't have
the congregation shouting the crucifixion responses, even in Latin.
Therefore the choir must sing choral polyphonic responses.  Their
favorite in the local parish was the one by Byrd, the English
composer at the time of Elizabeth I.  It was a positive nightmare
because it was so difficult.  The choir spent an inordinate amount
of time rehearsing it, so it was well done.  Usually by the
conclusion, I was a mental wreck.  I guess that's appropriate for
the season.