[Magdalen] New Yorker

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 26 17:34:05 UTC 2018

I deleted it from my life years ago and seldom pine.

I imagine the movement is about how (as Trevor Noah put it) Mark "Walking Peanut Allergy" Zuckerberg allowed such a good idea to become such a tool of evil in the wrong hands.  The premise being that he may have had the brilliance to create it, but not the wisdom to maintain it.  God gave Its creation free will; technology should never have such a thing.  (Remember that all his "safeguards" are put in place only after havoc occurs rather than doing the true "brilliant" thing and, shall we say, think ahead.)  I'm so glad that our seldom-bipartisan Congress is rumbling loudly these days about actually regulating such things, not as social media, but as MEDIA.

I'm no fan of Sen John Kennedy of LA, but he can turn quite the phrase on occasion.  He recently likened Facebook to the social media equivalent of "The Truman Show".

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.