[Magdalen] (TV P)rayers please.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 27 05:03:58 UTC 2018

My Comcast cable is a tad verklempt tonight, and has been since about halfway through Ari at around 3:30-ish when he went to commercial and over and around the edge of the book I picked up during the break I saw the screen go black, which it can every now and then, then poof back on and all's well.  Digital hiccuping.  But my inner TV sense told me to keep staring at the black screen, and it wasn't changing.  Eventually the "This Channel Will Be Back Shortly" blurb showed up, and even that is nearly always temporary.  But this time it wasn't.  I did the usual kill TV kill box wait a minute turn TV back on repower box, and, the same.  Did that a couple more times.  Internet wasn't down (which is why I'm now writing you all), so I spent quite a long time with my friend Amrit in India via online chat (I do NOT waste my phone battery on such things anymore), and his best efforts couldn't solve it.  So, he set me up with a tech to arrive TOMORROW, at 2:00-4:00 pm.

I'm doing okay.  Blood pressure fine, blood sugar good, and plenty to read, and plenty of records to spin.  And if I absolutely need my fix of Rachel Lawrence Brian Chris evening repeats, or all through tomorrow till the afternoon, I've got msnbc.com's live audio (no live streaming, damn them), as well as comcast.com's actual live streaming, which I've got onscreen and ready to go for later as need be.  So, I do not think I shall surely perish.  But damn do I wish I had a tablet or something to hold in front of me like a book whilst lying on the couch, or even the computer in the living room, at times like this.  My study's comfortable, to a degree, but not for extended watching.

I'm just curious as hell what the hell's up, dammit.

G'night all.  (Nytol.)

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.