[Magdalen] Temps Perdue

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 1 08:21:05 UTC 2018

>>>Actually, my little home village did not, in the 1940's, offer
kindergarten.  My mother, for long segments of that period,
was hospitalized for problems with what was then referred
to as "female trouble," that in her case seems to be a
prolapsed uterus with lots of related symptoms.  I was therefore
farmed out for much of that year to stay at my Godmother Gladys'
home in Superior, Wisconsin.  The grade school just nearby her
house was sponsored by what was then Superior State Normal
School (now UW-Superior), and, of course, they had the new-fangled
kindergarten.<<<

The pattern was apparently already struck in stone, at least in some sense.

My kindergarten teacher was Mrs Eisemann, who later ran an independent bookshop in Salinas.  I bought a book from her in 1991.  She rang me up at the register.  Some years later she just up and sold and was never heard from again.  I wish to high heaven I'd said, as I was shelling out my few dollars for the book I bought, "Hi Mrs Eisemann.  Remember me?"  She was from that generation that would have remembered me like it was genetics.  For all I knew, she did, and didn't say anything.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.