[Magdalen] Taxes???

Charles Wohlers chadwohl at satucket.com
Tue May 1 18:19:46 UTC 2018

As Ms. Michaud said, no income tax in NH. We do have income tax in VT (&
MA). Property taxes, OTOH, are much lower than in NH. Our property taxes
here are (past tense in MA) ~$4K per year. In VT you get a rebate on
property taxes if your taxable income is "lowish" - for us, it's ~$1000. In
the town we lived in, in MA, a $20K property tax bill would mean property
worth a million or so. While there are some towns in MA with lots of
properties in that price range, ours certainly wasn't one of them.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com