[Magdalen] Crisis with email

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:21:37 UTC 2018

Lynn,

The new "live" products rely on what they call cloud access (where the
files are stored) or - otherwise known as - internet access to the
online storage servers. If your internet is slow, it can take a
righteous amount of time to get everything in sync.

Our office has gone to "cloud-based" Windoze Outlook (and quite a few
other "cloud-based" products). It takes a minimum of 15-20 minutes to
start up, load its data from the servers, and sync. It gives zero
feedback of what it is doing for the first 10-15 minutes or so. I've
learned to walk away. Or to turn to another computer and work on it.

"Cloud-based" applications are for city folks, defined as "those who
live in high-speed internet access areas" and who do not live in the
third-world patchwork of internet access where most of us
NOT-city-folk live.

Cady