[Magdalen] Leeks.

Marilyn Cepeda mcepeda514 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:21:25 UTC 2018

I love leeks!  We ate a lot of them in England in soup and in chicken pies.
Wash good. Trim root end. Slice to preferred thickness. I sauté in better,
salt and pepper.

For soup, I add either water, veggie stock, or chicken stock and chopped
potatoes.
Season to taste (rosemary or a bit of thyme?).  Cook til potatoes are
tender. Purée
If you like, but we don’t. May top with cheese, bacon crumbles, or sour
cream.

Marilyn

--
Marilyn (Owens, Palmero) Cepeda