[Magdalen] How's everyone?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu May 10 03:19:13 UTC 2018

I am well though trying to catch my breath as I run from one thing to
another. On Sunday night I returned from three days at a RAM (Remote Access
Medical) Clinic in Smyth County, VA, where for the second time I helped in
the dental clinic. I had such a great time I immediately signed up for two
more, one in June in Emporia, VA, and the big one in July in Wise County,
VA. I will be doing dental support at both of those as there was a waiting
list for medical/triage at both. No problem, I like the dental folks and am
used to the work now. Today I worked at the gallery and I will tomorrow
also and probably for a few hours Friday. We are renovating and everyone is
expected to pitch in. The big "moving days" are scheduled for June 3 and
4, at least right now. Saturday morning I leave for Tennessee for a week. I
have two grandsons graduating from high school, Isaak and (I hope) Alley.
Not sure about Alley as we haven't heard whether he managed to get all his
credits in, but Isaak for sure. I can't believe Isaak is that old...wasn't
it just last week that I came home and told you all about seeing him born?
Where DOES the time go?

I'm also dealing with a troublesome eye problem. It doesn't really impact
my daily life except for having to wear my glasses instead of contacts, and
having slightly blurry vision on the left and dealing with eyedrops 4 times
a day. However, the next step is a bit scary. If you recall, 3 years ago (I
think it was, might have been 4) I had shingles and had a lesion in my eye.
For some reason, it left me with a weak spot which now has 4 holes in it. I
went to the doctor because I thought I had a corneal abrasion, however it's
worse than that. I am currently wearing what's called a "bandage contact"
over the holes and dealing with the eyedrops. If the holes have not healed
better by May 23, we go to the next step which is an amniotic patch. I am
not looking forward to that as the doctor has told me it will make my
vision blurry in that eye. Your prayers are requested.