[Magdalen] How's everyone?

Michael Bishop rev at michaelbishop.name
Thu May 10 16:27:44 UTC 2018

  I envy you, Meg.

Life for me is very quiet at present. I retired from after 46 years of
full-time ministry  last September and, of course had to move away from
my last benefice - where I had lived and worked for 20 years. I now live
in the parish of Keyworth in Nottinghamshire (Diocese of Southwell and
Nottingham). I grew up in Nottingham and was ordained in Southwell
Minster in 1971. Clergy here are expected, on retiring, to take 6 months
not exercising ministry. That period is now over, but I am still
impatiently waiting for the Bishop to grant me Permission to Officiate -
the wheels to grant that turn extremely slowly. I have done all the
steps I need to take but now have to wait for the system to get round to
licensing me. Life has seemed very strange for me with no rushing around
on Sundays (I used to officiate at an average of 5 services on a normal
Sunday). I hope I can soon do something! Meanwhile I have to be content
with bellringing as my only official activity. I also miss my former
involvement with schools - but so far there are no opportunities for me
to do that.

Perhaps my licence will come soon!

God bless

Michael Bishop