[Magdalen] How's everyone?

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sat May 12 00:33:21 UTC 2018

 Hey,, Judy!  You’re smoking!

Marion, a pilgrim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Judy Fleener
Sent: May 11, 2018 5:40 PM
To: magdalen at herberthouse.org
Subject: Re: [Magdalen] How's everyone?

I am in Chicago celebrating a grandson’s graduation from college. He graduated from Roosevelt University in business. He has a summer job coaching baseball and is looking for a graduate assistantship where he can get a Master’s in coaching.
I currently boast a magenta stripe in my hair and am driving a yellow Jeep renegade.
Bill is showing his age in some ways and has several nagging health concerns. He has macular degeneration, a fib, and a super pubic catheter. He fell in July last year and broke a knee cap.  Last Sunday he fell again leading with his face. Dental work is in his future.
We had a great family gathering at EASTER, his last Sunday of  his last long term supply.
Bill and I both sing in the choir at St Paul’s Muskegon and tutor adults in reading. We spent a week with the Order of Julian in their new monastery. Please pray for vocations for them and for all Anglican Orders.

Sent from my iPhone
Judy

On May 9, 2018, at 12:29 PM, Roger Stokes via Magdalen <magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> On 09/05/2018 17:58, Ginga Wilder wrote:
> Anyway, I thought we might resume conversation in the pub with ordinary
> things.  So, what's up with the rest of us?

This side of the pond it's been a matter of trying to make sense of the weather as it seems to alternate each week. One week it's short sleeves and no jacket and then a week later the winter coat is brought out again. Monday it was 25C (77F) while tomorrow we are offered 15C (59F). My son seems to be enjoying teaching Reception (4-5 year olds) and his wife has just had three weeks helping with the lambing on another farm. She really seems to have taken to the country life and their children (currently both aged 4 as the girl had her birthday last month while her brother turns 5 next week) love it as well.

My school work has its peaks and troughs - this week has been quiet but next week will be hectic. I hope the weather stays fine for Saturday as I'm helping at the town regatta both before and after going to a lunch at my college in Cambridge.

Roger