[Magdalen] Specs advice?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:32:47 UTC 2018

I seem to remember my last trip to LensCrafters, and once my exam was over,
there was someone from the sales floor to lead me over to the men's frames
to start shopping. Would have had to resist that somehow: "You know, I just
got called into a meeting at my office down the street, so I'll have to
come back later for the glasses," or "I'm feeling queasy from the eye
exam."

Ophthalmologist seems the way to go. The one I've been to might have a tiny
selection of frames but one could just leave with a prescription. Since
ophthalmology is medical (the doctor is an MD), I think medical insurance
would cover it, which means it won't but it counts against my deductible.
Last year I fulfilled that with one week to go before the new year. Pfft.