[Magdalen] Art Question

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:25:11 UTC 2018

That's a different one entirely (and not nearly as charming). I did do some
sleuthing and found that Konrad Witz was a Rottweiler (yup, born in
Rottweil) but traveled to Switzerland where he became a member of the Basel
Painters' Guild. He's responsible for some other paintings I recognized,
but I can't find The Naming of John. What I found most charming about it
were the looks on the faces of those I presume to be Elizabeth and
Mary.....the tiredness around Elizabeth's eyes, and the bemused smile on
Mary's face.