[Magdalen] DioVA convention

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 04:19:03 UTC 2018

Dio of TX in the pre "drama" years prior to the 21C lasted from Thursday afternoon - early afternoon Sunday. Back home all churches had Morning Prayer with a pre Dio Convention written letter read to the assembled back home.
Sometimes last minute/hours debates continued into Sunday afternoon.

After 2003 , beginning with our '04 Dio Convention it tightened up, a lot of preliminary business was wrapped up in regional diocesan teleconferences to keep things smooth and moving. These days it is Thursday night Eucharist and closing prayer service at 1pm sharp on Saturday and everything gets done between the two events.  Old timers miss the old days but there's not too many of those left.
Lynn