[Magdalen] DioVA convention

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:01:06 UTC 2018

I was once again a delegate to our convention.  The only controversial
issue was putting teeth into the the requirement for audits.  The penalty
begins with loss of voice at convention and after three years results in
loss of seat, voice and vote, all of which can be appealed.

The biggest news from Western Michigan actually comes from the diocese of
Eastern Michigan.  They have requested that our Bishop, Whayne Hougland
become their provisional Bishop for the next three to five years.  Actually
our convention has no power in this issue.  It falls to the Standing
Committee and the Diocesan Council. Our convention did pass a resolution of
unanimously.  Interesting times/.

--
Judy Fleener, ObJN,SSH
Western Michigan