[Magdalen] Allan/Camille; was Thousand Oaks, Safety, Etc.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 9 20:00:13 UTC 2018

I first checked their address against the evacuation map, and I'm pleased to say that they're just outside the "close but no cigar" range of needing to evacuate.  But that's not to say that they didn't.  I just called their landline and left a message (the outgoing voice was young-ish, so presumably a descendant, or caregiver, etc), and will wait a bit before I try his cell number.  How do I know all this?  I caved and joined 411.com for what must be called a deal, contact-only info for 12 months.  I generally never do such things.  But, hey.

Shall keep posted.

At least at the present time, we know this:  they're not in the evacuation zone, but they just might have been spirited away by family/etc for caution's sake.

California is, and has been for quite some time, being tried by fire.  I guess that's our hurricane / tornado / blizzard / heat wave version of the rest of the country.  (Except for where I'm at.  I wonder when it'll be our turn.  Considering our proximity to the ocean, probably tsunami.  Or hurricane.  Who the hell knows?)

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"Because that's the kind of guy, I'm." -- C Reiner, "Your Show of Shows", skit: "From Here to Obscurity".