[Magdalen] Fires

Allan Carr allanc5 at me.com
Fri Nov 9 22:42:17 UTC 2018

I finally figured out how to send just to magdalen. The computer kept correcting the address to a Magdalen subscriber. I had to hit delete and immediately a return.

The fires are to the east of us but for reasons unknown to me they closed the 101 freeway to the west and our caregiver could not get to us. They evacuated the dialysis center not that far east from us but apparently too close to the fire. Our caregiver manager, who himself was evacuated and has been up for days, previously because of the shootings and then the fires, arranged dialysis for me in Moorpark at 5pm. Hopefully the fires won’t crawl west. I had Camille take her shower, no easy task, and put on her clothes. I had thought Camille could cook, with me supervising from my wheelchair, but her bad back is pretty bad. We made do with a can of soup and, luckily, a leftover with plenty of mixed vegetables (of the approved varieties for dialysis) and pieces of chicken breast.

I have been doing well in the blood tests for potassium, phosphorous and the like, mostly because of a powdered phosphorous binder I take with each meal. This powder works far better than taking pills. Camille is her usual mostly cheery self  except if she stands and wears out, which happens quite quickly. Of course, she forgets anything and everything except her past life, which she recalls well. But she’s mostly happy.

It’s best to communicate with me by texting 818 439 8976 to my iPhone or sending an email to allanc5 at me.com <mailto:allanc5 at me.com>. After removing Magdalen mail from gmail, It still comes to my iMac but not to my iPhone. I don’t have the time or energy to fix it. I rarely use my computer anymore so I mostly am away from Magdalen.

I love you guys
Allan